What is Representative Payee?
A Representative Payee is an individual or an organization designated by Social Security to receive SSI or SSD benefits on a beneficiary’s behalf. The Representative Payee is responsible for helping the beneficiary to budget the money and disburse the beneficiary’s funds to pay for current needs including housing and utilities, food, medical expenses,and personal needs items.
Who qualifies for RCAL Representative Payee Services?
- Is currently receiving SSI or SSD or in the process of applying for either
- Is having difficulty managing their finances or has a family member who is currently managing their finances
- Already has a representative payee and would like to switch to RCAL
Services offered by RCAL:
- Consultations to design a budget right for you
- Bill payment using beneficiary’s funds
- Assistance with accessing needed services
- Weekly, biweekly or monthly PIN checks
- Convenient office hours
- Financial workshops and educational opportunities